Digital Caster / Camber Gauge with AccuLevel™ version 5 and LW QuickSet™ Adapter
Instructions for QuickSet™ Digital Caster/Camber Gauge
ADJUSTING THE QuickSet™ TO YOUR RIMS: This gauge is designed for aluminum wheels that don’t have a ‘lip’ at the edge. Unfold the lower arms until they stop. To adjust the feet to your rim hold the gauge against the rim with the AccuLevel™ at approximately spindle centerline. Select one of the threaded holes on the lower arms that is closest to the outer edge of your rim. Move both lower feet to these holes.
Rotate the feet so the lip on the foot goes outside your wheel and hand tighten. Now loosen the upper foot and slide it up until it also touches the outer lip of your rim. Rotate the upper foot as above and hand tighten. At this point QuickSet™ should just fit over the outer edge of your rim with very little clearance. Depending on your wheel and tire it may be necessary to remove some material from the lip of the foot. The flat part of the foot must not be modified and must sit squarely against the wheel.
- If not in a shop find a level place to set up your front end. This unit reads camber and caster very accurately. Unlevel ground will affect that accuracy. SEE BELOW IF GROUND IS NOT LEVEL
- To set CAMBER and CASTER hold the QuickSet™ against the wheel and rotate the gauge until the small vial on the top of the gauge shows level.
- CAMBER: Turn on the AccuLevel™ Digital Readout by pushing ON/OFF. Camber is read directly on the display to .1º (1/10º). See separate instructions for AccuLevel™ if needed. BE SURE WHEELS ARE POINTED STRAIGHT AHEAD WHEN SETTING CAMBER.
- To set CASTER turn on the AccuLevel™, rotate the gauge until level and push CASTER. Next turn the wheels 15º to the right when setting the RF or 15º left when setting LF, then push ZERO. The 15º must be done accurately. An error of even 1º or 2º turning will give a caster error. Now turn the wheels back past center to 15º the opposite way - for a total of 30º. Rotate the gauge again to level. Read the caster directly on the AccuLevel™.
CASTER NOTE: This amount of sweep - 15º - is different from vial type gauges.
- Adjust the caster and camber as needed. Each time you make a change bounce on the front end to settle the suspension. NOTE: Adjusting the caster may have an effect on the camber and vice versa. Double check settings. Tighten all bolts when done.
See separate instructions for AccuLevel™ if needed. It can be removed and used for other measurements. Simply slide AccuLevel™ out (it’s held in place with magnets).
NOTE: If display flashes on and off AccuLevel™ is in Caster mode and will not read absolute angles correctly. Push CASTER button to exit Caster Mode.
IF GROUND IS NOT LEVEL :
Before checking camber remove AccuLevel™ and place on ground parallel to axle centerline. If it does not read 0.0º push “ZERO”. Replace AccuLevel™ in gauge and proceed as above. This must be done on each side of the car and will compensate for non-level ground. Push “ZERO” again to go back to normal (absolute) operation.
Do Not leave the gauge in the hot sunlight or store in a place over 120º F. The digital display may not be readable. Once it cools down the digital display should be visible again.