Data Elements: ucInstruction.aspx
Replacing Your Tire Pressure Gauge Head
- Put Gauge Bleed Body into a table vice (protect valve with a dry cloth) so gauge is sticking out face up from the end of the vice.
- Tighten vice.
- Put wrench on fitting on the bottom of the gauge head (some smaller gauges may require the rubber boot be pulled back to expose the fitting).
- Liquid Filled: 14 mm wrench
- Analog dry (all models): 9/16” wrench
- Economy, Semi-Pro & Deluxe Digital: 5/8” wrench
- Turn wrench counter-clockwise.
- Clean all threads on bleed body with a small wire brush to remove any Teflon® tape or Locktite®.
- Apply several wraps of Teflon® tape to new gauge head fitting threads making sure to wrap in the same direction as the threads.
- Thread new gauge head on to bleed body making sure gauge head is centered with the bleed buttons.
- Apply pressure to gauge while simultaneously squirting a small amount of soapy water around the threads of the gauge head to make sure there are no leaks.