Computerscales Accuset™ Instructions
After Serial Number 37460
- Set up pads along side car. Scale pads are marked RF, LR, etc. They are closely matched and can be interchanged if desired.
- Connect cables from control box – note RF, LR, LF, etc. on control box. Cables MUST be connected to this corner of the car.
- Turn on control box, allow to warm up for a minute or so. Push Zero. This defines "0" weight. DON'T PUSH ‘ZERO’ AFTER CAR IS ON SCALES.
- Lift car and slide pads under the wheels. For more consistent cross weights "shake" car up & down at each corner to settle out shock or suspension friction.
- System shuts down after 1 hour to extend battery life. Simply turn back on. DO NOT RE-ZERO unless car is off scales.
- Keep the system clean and dry. Do not drop either the pads or the control box.
- Route the cables so that no one trips and they do not get run over by floor jacks.
- Store in a clean dry place. Remove batteries if scale will be unused for more than 3 months.
- Capacity per scale pad is:
WEIGHT OVER THIS COULD DAMAGE LOAD CELLS and cannot be warrantied.
- 1500 lbs. for #72594 & 72595 (15" pad)
- 2500 lbs. for #72595 with #72999 upgraded to 15" x 4" tall pads
- 1100 lbs. for #72581 (12" pads)
- 400 lbs. for #72625 & 72626 (kart pad)
- Keep away from static electricity.
Convert to Metric:
- Turn on control box. There is a “hidden” button at the upper left of the face. It is hidden because it is rarely used and allows the user to get into System Test mode. There are 2 possible locations for this unmarked hidden button, depending on age. See below. If you push in one location and get no response or hear no beep try the other. When you push in the correct location you will hear a beep.
- Find the hidden button and hold it for 6 seconds until the display changes. If you accidentally release it you must start the 6 seconds over. When you push it you will hear a beep to indicate you have activated it. You will need to press firmly. This is done so that it will not accidentally be activated in normal use.
- After 6 seconds the display will change. See at left. It will say UNITS (lbs. or kgm). If UNITS does not come up push Partial % button until it does. Push the ZERO button to activate this selection. The display will change to units kgm or lbs. See below.
- Push the Partial % button to change from lbs to kgm to get your preference.
- Push the hidden button again to confirm and save selection. Display will change back to UNITS. Push ON/Off to resume normal operation. This selection will stay until you change it again.
NOTE: If service is ever needed please call factory first. You may be able to send back just part of the system, saving freight.