Digital Caster / Camber Gauge with AccuLevel™ v 3 and QuickSet™ Adapter
ADJUSTING THE QuickSet™ TO YOUR RIMS: Unfold the lower arms until they stop. Adjust the feet to your rim: Hold it against the rim with the gauge at approximately spindle centerline. Select one of the threaded holes on the lower arms that is closest to the outer lip of your rim. Move both feet to these holes and hand tighten. Now loosen the upper foot and slide it up until it also touches the outer lip of your rim. Hand tighten. At this point QuickSet™ should just fit inside the outer lip of your rim with very little clearance.
- Find a level place to set up your front end. This unit reads camber very accurately. Unlevel ground will affect that accuracy.
- Hold the QuickSet™ against the wheel and rotate the gauge until the small vial on the top of the gauge shows level.
BE SURE WHEELS ARE POINTED STRAIGHT AHEAD WHEN SETTING CAMBER.
- CAMBER: Turn on the AccuLevel™ Digital Readout by pushing “ON/OFF”. Camber is read directly on the display to .1º (1/10º). See separate AccuLevel™ instructions if needed. On the left side of the display a triangle pointing up indicates negative camber (top of tire in). A triangle pointing down indicates positive camber(top of tire out). Race cars usually use negative camber on RF and positive camber on LF.
- CASTER is measured with the vial on the top - from 4º negative to 12º positive. First turn the wheels 20º to the right when setting the RF or 20º left when setting LF. Rotate the gauge until it is level. The 20O must be done accurately. An error of even 1 or 2º turning will give a caster error.
- Turn the knurled nob in the center until the center caster vial reads 0º. Now turn the wheels back past center to 20º the opposite way - for a total of 40º. Rotate the gauge again to level (DON’T turn knurled knob). Read the Caster directly on the vial. Read to the center of the bubble. Each line is 1/2º.
CASTER NOTE: If you wish to measure caster to .1º (1/10º) on the digital readout please see supplemental instructions. Caster measured with the vial on top is to 1/2º.
- Adjust the caster and camber as needed. Each time you make a change bounce on the front end to settle the suspension. NOTE: Adjusting the caster may have an effect on the camber and vice versa. Tighten bolts & double check all settings.
See the separate instructions for the AccuLevel™ (ver. 3) if needed. It can be removed and used for other measurements. Simply slide AccuLevel™ out (it’s held in place with magnets).
Do Not leave the gauge in the hot sunlight or store in a place over 120º F. The digital display may not be readable and/or breakage of the vials could occur due to heat expansion.
Once it cools down the digital display should be visible again. Replacements for broken vials can be ordered from any authorized dealer or the factory. Replacement is quick and simple with no loss of accuracy.