Instructions for Model Numbers 72601, 72609, 72628, 72652
- Set up pads along side car. Scale pads are marked RF, LR, etc. and should be used at that location.
- Set up control box in a convenient location and connect cables to the pads. Cables are marked and must be used for that pad.
- Turn on control box, allow to warm up for a minute or so.
- Push Zero. This defines "0" weight. DON'T PUSH ‘ZERO’ AFTER CAR IS ON SCALES.
- Lift car and place pads under the wheels. "Shake" car up & down at each corner to settle out shock or suspension friction.
- Control box shuts off after 1+ hour. Push ON/Off to turn back on (DO NOT re-zero unless car is off pads)
- If you turn off just the control box after 1 minute pads go into "standby" mode. If control box is turned back on within 1 hour pads will go back to active. If the green LED is out you will need to turn the pads back on also.
- Keep the system clean and dry. Do not drop either the pads or the control box.
Most #s listed: 1500 lb (650 kgm) per pad.
#72628 kart scale: Do NOT exceed 400 lbs. (180 kgm)
Excess weight can damage the load cells.
Convert to Metric or Change Weight Resolution:
Turn on system. Press ST button (see below) and hold for approx. 6 seconds until the 4 line display changes to below: You must press this button firmly. If this Units display does not come up use the Scroll arrows to find it.
Press Continue button to select Units Menu. Use Scroll Arrow to switch from lbs. to kgm. Press Continue button to confirm selection. You will then go back to the display above.
OPTIONAL - change the Weight Resolution: Press the up Scroll Arrow until you come to the following display:
Press Continue to select this menu. Use the up and down Scroll Arrows to select 1 lb.(no decimal), .5 lb. or .1 lb. resolution - OR
1 kgm (no decimal), .5 kgm, or .1 kgm. We do not recommend selecting .1 lb or .1 kgm with 1500 lb. capacity 15" pad systems. It is intended ONLY for kart systems with smaller, lower capacity pads.
Press Continue button to confirm selection. You will then go back to the display above. Press On/Off to save all changes and go back to normal function.
These settings will stay until you change them again...